- 31st October 2011 -Club of the Year 2011. Well the BRCA certainly believe's this so who are we to argue! Check out the full story here.
- 1st August 2011 -The championship standings have been updated to include the race results from the first part of the season on the old race software. With five championship rounds left in the Touring Car class everything is still to play for but the Mardave class has been sewn up before the summer break by Bryan Thomson. Congratulations from the darcck committee but now the battle really starts for second and third places with plenty of potential challengers.
Don't forget the klub starts back on 19th August with Fun Night 6, Off Road Carpet, see you there!
- 14th July 2011 -Well the dust has settled after Sunday 3rd July, the klub was representing itself on two fronts on the same day. One group were in Fife hosting Round 5 of the Scottish Off Road Championship at Dunfermline club's ever improving NORA off road track. Dunfermline really put alot of work in to the venue since Round 4 of the championship and all of the racers who were there left smiling after a great days racing. Some truely excellent shots from the day can be found here
The klub was also attending and entertaining at the Broughty Ferry Gala in Dundee, we only had a static display of the cars we race at the klub but the day was a huge success and thoroughly enjoyed by everyone involved. A full report of the day can be found here. Pictures of the event are to follow and hopfeuly we will more public events confirmed soon.
- 12th July 2011 -The race results since we changed race software on 13th May can now be viewed online, please click here to see them.
- 22nd June 2011 -Round 5 of the Scottish Off Road Championship [www.sorcinfo.org] will be held by Dundee & Angus Radio Controlled Car Klub at Dunfermline's new outdoor facility, NORA. Directions and information regarding the NORA facility can be found here and here.
Anyone wishing to take part in the days racing please visit the SORC website and complete the online booking in form, their is no obligation to pay if you don't show up on the day but pre-booking will make life easier for the organizers so please pre-book. Hope to see you there.
- 2nd June 2011 -Race results for the 2011 season up to the 6th May have been added to the site, championship standings can be found in the klub section of the forums. Results from our new race software (BBK) will be added to the site in due course.
- 24th March 2011 -The klub is delighted to of been awarded a grant from Awards for All who are a Lottery Funded organization that offer grants to all non profit community groups. The money will be used to purchase the latest digital AMB/My Laps timing equipment which will replace our outdated analogue system. We hope to have the system in place for use at the klub by early May.
- 24th February 2011 -The klub is delighted to of been awarded a grant from Angus Council for box section which will be used to layout our track with the aim of improving safety for both drivers and marshals. The Angus Council Community Grant Scheme aims to support small community and voluntary groups across Angus and we are grateful for all their help.
- 15th February 2011 -We have changed our name, after 25 years of faithful service Dundee Radio Car Club has taken a step out from the shadows of anonymity to drive the club forward in actively promoting the club to the general public in the Tayside area. Dundee and Angus Radio Controlled Car Klub is born.
There are a few items on the website that will be changed in the coming weeks and months so please bare with us until these tasks have been completed. The Klub now has hire cars available to members of the public so they can 'come and have a go' without the need to purchase any racing equipment, for more details please check out the Hire Cars page.
- 8th December 2010 -The 2010 club championship has been decided, full championship standings can be found here as a pdf file. Congratulations to this years winners, trophies will be presented on 17th December which is our last fun night of the year. Xmas decorations for car or driver are essential during our one hour endurance race and practice sessions.
- 15th November 2010 -Quite alot of alterations to the website, the forum picture galleries have now been added to the main site, the videos page has been tidied up and we now have a committee listing with contact details for each member. Race results for the current year can bew viewed online and previous years can be downloaded along with a few other subtle changes on the site.
- 9th November 2010 -It's been a while since there have been any news updates but there have been changes to the wesbite over the past few months. Club and Retailer links have been updated, we have a new front page and hope to have more content on here soon. I'd also like to welcome our newest committee member Paul B.
- 21st February 2010 -Were now on You Tube, hopefully we will have some more and better videos to come in the next few months but you can check out what we have in the video gallery or click the direct link to our You Tube channel from the community section on the navigation bar on the left. There have also been a few style tweaks to the website, there is alot more content to come over the next few months or as soon as I get around to it so keep checking back to see whats new.
- 4th January 2010 -Happy New Year. A few updates to the site, the 2010 race calendar has been added, a public events section which will hold details of any public displays or events the club will be participating in. There are now picture previews of the club t-shirts in the merchandise section and I've started to fill in the hall of fame. If anyone has won a championship at the club and you can remember when it was then can let me know and I'll update the table. Thanks!
- 30th December 2009 -Welcome to the new home of Dundee Radio Car Club, the old front page is gone and now we have a shiny new website, even if it does look a bit dull a basic . All of the information that was previously formed on the forums can now be found on this site. The forums are still there to be used for all so please feel free to post any questions, comments or suggestions in there even if it is just to talk about the weather.
There are still more updates to come on the site so keep checking back from time to time. Thanks!